123Pitch is an online platform that connects investors with a global network of entrepreneurs and projects that are looking for capital funding.
123Pitch has been built to ensure a secure and easy to use platform. Simply:
- Browse investor profiles posted by investors.
- Pitch your project/business and let the investor know about what you do.
- Get investment funding for your project/business and start making headway in your industry!
For more information on how we work for Entrepreneurs click here.
As an entrepreneur, you are able to browse for investors and contact them directly via the ‘contact’ link. Once you have contacted an investor, the investor will be notified of your approach and they may decide to message you for further information via the 123Pitch messenger platform, or send an email response directly to you. The investor may arrange an interview for you to pitch your project/business directly to them. You will be notified of events occurring by email.
To increase your success rate during a pitch, it’s advisable to fully understand and prepare your legal requirements, contracts, proposals, presentations, term sheets and anything that will be relevant to your investor pitch. Once you and an investor have agreed on an investment you will need to arrange all the necessary processes to see the deal through.
Be mindful that every investor is different and may request for different types of information. Good Luck with your pitch!
You will find 5 types of investors on 123Pitch:
- Venture Capitalist
- Family firms
- Private Equity Firms
The amount of money an investor is willing to invest will vary depending on what they put down as their preferred amount to invest. Investors select an amount range which are as follows:
- $1,000 to $5,000
- $5,001 to $10,000
- $10,001 to $15,000
- $15,001 to $20,000
- Over $20,000
123Pitch caters to most industries which are broken into the following:
- Digital Media
- Film & Music
- Fitness & Sports
- Food & Beverage
- Green Technology
- IT & Apps
If you are in an industry that’s not in the list, send us an email to email@example.com and we’ll see if we can help you
Your business/project can be at any stage to list on 123Pitch. The stages are defined as:
- Development (Seed) – you have an idea and are exploring the feasibility of building a technology product or service based on that idea. You’re working to determine how you will build the product or deliver the service, and to identify the target customers, partners, distributors and competitors in your market.
- Startup – you have proved that your idea is feasible and that you have a credible business model to deliver the product or service to an attractive target market. For the most part, the business has no or minimal revenue at this stage. However, prospective customers and/or distribution partners have indicated their willingness to test the product and purchase it if it works as intended when ready for commercial shipment.
- Growth – you’re on your way to building a successful business. You have largely assembled your team and the business has initial revenues from the sales of your product or service. Note that some investors may require the business to achieve higher amounts of revenue before considering investment.
- Established – your business is established and you are looking for funding and financing to grow beyond critical mass.
You can raise however much you want or need depending on the laws and regulations set in your country. You should research this information with government bodies or advisers before proceeding to seek investment for your business.
Please check your legal requirements and regulations.
Some regulations we have come across include:
- Some countries may limit the number of shareholders in a business.
- Some countries may limit the amount of money you raise.
- Some countries may limit the types of investors you seek.
- Some countries require certain documents be submitted for approval before investment funding can proceed.
Only registered entrepreneurs on 123Pitch can browse our network of investors. As an entrepreneur you will get access to view the following information of an investor profile:
- First name
- Investment type (e.g. Equity)
- Investment amount bracket (e.g. $5,000 to $10,000)
- Type of investor (e.g. Individual)
- Preferred investment industry (e.g. Digital Media)
- Preferred investment stage (e.g. Startup)
- Description about the investor
Note: Contact information is not shown. An investor can only be contact by internal email by clicking the “Contact Investor” button, on the investor profile.
Each investor profile has a “Contact Me” button which allows you to send either:
- Your online project profile with a message, or
- A personalised pitch and message
All messages are sent through our internal messaging system, and the investor will receive an email notifying them of your approach to them.
123Pitch uses a “Charge per Contact” model. This means you only pay to contact the investor you want. The charge for each contact is 1 Credit Point. Credit points can be purchased either in bulk or single packs.
This charge per contact model makes it very easy for the entrepreneur to only pay for what they use and strategically choosing the investors they want to pitch to.
Typically, 1 Credit = AUD$9.
Example of how it works:
You browse a list of 10 investors, but you decide to contact 2, so you will only spend 2 credit points.
An investor can only contact you after you have made an initial contact with them first. An investor may choose to contact you in whichever form you have requested them to use, such as, email, telephone, Skype, Google+ etc.
Yes. All entrepreneurs registered with 123Pitch will need to create an online profile which is only accessible to investors which you have contacted.
The information that is available to investors about you is:
- Your name
- Name of project/business
- Your position/role
- Telephone number
- Business details (e.g. registration, years active, staff numbers, stage of business)
- Social links (e.g. LinkedIn id, Google+, Skype)
- Description about the project/business
- Education details
- Previous work experiences
This information is important for an Investor to better understand you as an entrepreneur and have confidence in dealing with you.
Our verification team will do our utmost best to check through every investor profile listed on 123Pitch. Each investor profile is scrutinised by our verification analysts, who manually check through their details and information provided. In some cases we may use relevant government agency checks.
Each investor profile will have *dot point notes* attached to give the entrepreneur a better insight of the investor.
It is also up to the entrepreneur to conduct their due diligence checks, through interviews, meetings and using appropriate advisers.
As you know, 123Pitch is looking to build a world class global platform for entrepreneurs to find and connect with potential investors to help them fund their project/business. Most investors are different from one another and their appetite for risk will also be different. Some investors may not have a particular interest in certain industries and that may make them bias towards certain investment types.
Generally, raising funding is one of the hardest tasks in starting a business, and entrepreneurs may have to knock on hundreds of investor doors before somebody gives them a break. Every startup business has with it a very large risk associated with the business. Investors need to strategically and carefully evaluate each proposal that is put to them, thus some businesses may appeal more than other businesses to invest in.
“As an entrepreneur myself having raised funding for previous projects, I found the best way to get funding was to knock on as may doors as possible. Raising funding is an art of selling and a numbers game. The more people you speak to, the higher the chances of getting funding. There’s really no easy way about it.” – Chung, founder of 123Pitch
Entrepreneurs are responsible for providing investors with the information about their business/project and should have their required documents (e.g. contracts, terms, presentations) for the investor.
Investors should engage with the appropriate advisers to make all decisions regarding investment into a business/project.
The terms and laws for any investment is between the investor and the entrepreneur. 123Pitch is and will never be involved in any investment. We ask all our registered investors and entrepreneurs to adhere to providing fair information to each other.
If you don’t think you’ll use 123Pitch again, you can request to have your account permanently deleted by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.