This Payments Policy may be updated from time to time. We will notify you of any material changes by posting the new Payments Policy on the Site. You are advised to consult this policy regularly for any changes.
123Pitch is a platform that allows two types of members to communicate with one another, entrepreneurs and investors. When you create an account with us you become a member of our community. With an entrepreneur account you will be allowed to buy services such as contacting an investor or advertising your business on the 123Pitch website.
During your time with us you agree to follow the ground rules outlined in the terms of this Payments Policy so please read and understand them. If you don’t accept the terms then you will not be able to use the 123Pitch platform because your presence on and use of the 123Pitch site is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms whether you become a member or not.
What you are buying
When you buy a service, you acquire the right to access and communicate with an investor that you might never have had access to, thus increasing your chances of getting funding for your business. Additionally when you find investors on the 123Pitch website you know these are real people who are genuinely looking for startups to invest in. You’ll need to think about the way you approach with your pitch when you decide to contact a potential investor. It’s your responsibility to choose the correct investors to talk to and how you will pitch to them.
Transacting as a buyer
You must purchase 123Pitch credits via your 123Pitch account. The credits can be purchased as single or in packs.
123Pitch credits: When you buy credits the amount is in Australian Dollars, AUD. A single credit cost AUD18.
123Pitch credits can only be used to pay for 123Pitch transactions. We do not generally refund any monies paid when you buy 123Pitch credits (but you may have rights under an applicable consumer law, which we don’t exclude).
When you buy 123Pitch credits, the credits are automatically deposited into your account for you to use immediately. If you choose to use our services such as contacting an investor or advertising your project, the total cost of the service in credits will be deducted from your 123Pitch credits. If you do not have sufficient credits for a service you can top up your 123Pitch credits by purchasing more credits.
To purchase you must have a Paypal account. 123Pitch uses Paypal as our payment method for accepting 123Pitch credit purchases. Paypal is safe and available globally.
Because all prices for 123Pitch credits are in Australian Dollars, you may incur additional costs when purchasing from 123Pitch, such as currency conversion, which we have no control over.
Terms of buying
When you buy a 123Pitch service you’re doing so on the following terms:
- you promise to us that you have carefully considered the investor that you are contacting, and that you have chosen appropriately;
- you cannot cancel a completed purchase of a service;
- we and the investors do not promise that the investor will respond to your approach;
- there is no guarantee that you will have success for funding from the investor you have contacted;
- the decision to invest in your business is up to the investor;
- the investor as the right to decline or ignore your approach;
- your relevant details will be provided to the investor;
- 123Pitch will not refund credits as we assume that you have carefully made your decision to contact the investor, and all purchases are final;
- if you decide to cancel your account, all existing credits will be terminated.
- Prices and fees for all 123Pitch credit purchases are inclusive of Australian GST with a tax rate of 10%.
- You are responsible for paying all other fees and taxes associated with your use of 123Pitch wherever levied.
Given the nature of digital content, we do not offer a refund or credit on a purchase unless 123Pitch is found to be at fault for a breach of services, or as required under Australian consumer law or other relevant consumer protection laws. If you would like to request a refund or credit you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will assess refund or credit requests on their merits, considering the digital nature of 123Pitch’s services. There is generally no obligation to provide a refund or credit in situations like the following:
- you have changed your mind about a service;
- you have contacted an investor by mistake;
- you are not ready to pitch to an investor;
- you cannot pitch to the investor, due to any reasons (e.g. personal, commercial, regulatory, etc.);
- you ask for goodwill; or
- you can no longer proceed with communicating with the investor because you no longer need funding.
If we decide to issue a refund or credit, this will generally be done using the same manner used to make the purchase. So if the service was bought using 123Pitch credits, you will be given credit in 123Pitch credits; if the credits was bought using Paypal you will be refunded using the same payment method in reverse. Any payment made to you (not 123Pitch credits) will be made in AUD Dollars.
**Updated 24th March 2016**